(Not including cost of flight to the country or vaccinations)
Silverstream Academy are looking for a qualified teacher to assist with English, Maths, Sports and Emotional Intelligence.
The agreed definition of Emotional Intelligence with regard to schools and children, is “developing: self-awareness, emotional/self-regulation, self-motivation, empathy towards others and positive, mutually respectful, relationships.“
We would see modelling these values by adults and developing strong communication skills as essential in this – circle time activities, talking partners etc and specific overt teaching.
We would do this by teaching children
- the vocabulary to recognise and label their own emotions,
- active listening skills and how we respond to others during these interactions,
- growth mindset towards setting and achieving small and larger personal goals,
- recognising the needs of others (including taking small responsibilities)
- our role in meeting these and friendship skills.